A Snapshot of My Life

My days have been so busy recently and the poor old blog is one thing that doesn't have a real deadline or call me or demand my attention, so it gets ignored. That is until some of my sweet, faithful friends start noticing that I'm ignoring it and sending me messages to make sure we are doing OK. We are doing well, and I so appreciate your concern!

Let me tell you about the balls I'm juggling right now:

Homeschooling. It is going great, but it takes a lot of time. The children are enjoying being part of a Classical Conversations homeschool group this year. Eliana is learning to read and Annika is learning her multiplication facts while Freeland and Casper stay busy with a full workload through PA Cyber School and their assignments for Classical Conversations. Douglas has completed high school and I'm just preparing to send in the paperwork for his diploma! He is working at Martin Accounting, where Keith works, over tax season.

Douglas at his desk at Martin Accounting Service.

Music lessons. I have to include this one because it takes a chunk of my time every week. Freeland takes guitar lessons, Casper and Annika take piano lessons, and Douglas takes violin lessons. It is so nice that Douglas can drive to his lessons on his own now!

Freeland just got a new guitar today!

Superkids. We are planning a trip to China in April (I just got my tickets today! YAY!!) along with this trip we are also planning the first ever Superkids Advocacy Camp. I'm very excited about this! In case you ever wonder what I do with Superkids when I'm not in China, I take care of most of the blogging and waiting child advocacy on Facebook, I'm the monthly newsletter editor, I'm on the advisory board, and I design and change the Gladney ads on RaibowKids. Right now the board is preparing for our big annual fundraiser (you are welcome to come!). Mostly what this means for me is an increase in editing photos since we use a lot of photos for various printed materials as well as a slideshow at the event. Since we have been getting more and more files for children we have started posting more than once a day on the blog. This alone increased my work quite a bit since I not only write the posts but also find and edit appropriate pictures and videos to put in the post.

Oasis Chorale. This doesn't take as much of my time, but I expect the time required to increase over the next few months as we have several events coming up. I take care of online social media type of task for OC. So I post to the Facebook page or the blog. We are also planning a fundraiser for OC in a few months and will be heading up to Maine for the Why Jesus? conference in May. OC is singing at the conference, so I'm pretty excited about attending!

I have a wonderful young lady who comes in a helps me with housework each morning while we do schoolwork. I feel a post about all of the things I,m juggling isn't quite fair without mentioning the things I have help with!

I came home from our homeschool group today
to find my house clean and a clean, cozy
blanket folded on my favorite sofa!

Life. There are always little things demanding a woman's attention! Though we have gotten very good at saying no to a lot of extra curricular activities, there are still things that are constantly needing to be done!


So there you have it, my life in a nutshell! I've had a harder time physically over the last few months and I started seeing a new rhuematologist. I'm hopeful that we can explore new treatment options that will improve my overall health.


1 comment

  1. A wide span of ages make for a busy life, but I love it. I have one learning to read and 2 anticipating leaving the nest this year, and there are so many neat things about each, and the ones in between. It's a full life.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!