Chinese New Year Party

On Sunday we all headed up to New York City to attend the annual Gladney Chinese New Year party. Eliana especially looks forward to these events and she talked about about it all last week. On Friday she got out her Chinese silk dress. On Saturday she counted the hours until bedtime so that Sunday would come more quickly.






And on the ride there she started chanting, "I'm gonna see Chelsea! I'm gonna see Chelsea! I'm gonna see Chelsea!"





She wasn't disappointed. She devoured the food. She was mesmerized by the dances. She reveled in the various activities and crafts.




Of course she wasn't the only one who enjoyed it. I had a pretty great time myself. I got to see several little ones I have met in China, which is always amazing! And I got to see their parents too, which again, is always amazing.




It was such a great day. Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!