Birthday, New Car, and Picnic

Some exciting things going on around here!

Douglas turned 17 and bought a car. Needless to say he's pretty pleased! He also started a new job recently. He is working for Clean Books. They provide book keeping support for companies. He is training right now. It is a good job and I'm excited that it worked out for him.



 On Saturday the girls and I, along with my friend, Liz, and her daughter, went to New York City to attend a picnic hosted by the Kazakhstan Embassy. This is an annual event and Annika loves to go! The whole family couldn't make it this year, so I was very thankful when Liz said she could go. It was great day, but it was so very taxing physically! So taxing that I came home and started looking for a wheelchair or electric scooter!

Two Kazakh cuties at the picnic

My doctor recently told me I can't drive until I get on an effective treatment. This really makes a lot of things difficult. I can understand why he put this restriction on me, but it sure is hard to work around!

My willing chauffeur 

I am planning to be the director of our local Classical Conversations homeschool group that meets in Annville this year. So I need to attend a practicum for training Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week. If anyone wants more information about Classical Conversations please contact me!

I have another appointment with my rhuematologist tomorrow. I have had an x-ray, a bone scan, and a lot of bloodwork done since I was there 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping some answers showed up in some of this testing! It is difficult, because I get my hopes up before a visit like this and then I get extremely nervous when I go. That makes all of my symptoms so much worse! Then I'm crushed when there are no answers. I'm really trying to tell myself to have no expectations, but it is impossible. So I'm praying for peace tomorrow regardless of what the test do or don't show.



I've been through some difficult times physically in my life, but I think this last month has been the most difficult I've ever experienced. The pain is so relentless! Mostly, I think, because of coming off of some medications I've been on for a long time without really replacing them with effective medications since we are uncertain of what we are treating.

We are otherwise doing well, thankful. The children are healthy and happy. They are enjoying the warm weather and time outside. They are spending hours on the trampoline with the water hose right now! (We have a safety net, don't worry!) They constant squealing and laughing from outside makes me so happy!


2 comments

  1. Grace to you, Erin...I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,
    I LOVED catching up with you at the picnic last saturday although it was hard seeing you in so much pain. I can only imagine how hard it has been for the past month ( without that meds ). I will continue to pray they have answers at your next doctors appointment. Please keep me posted. Also, Henry and I would LOVE to come visit you ( when you are up to company ), just let us know when and we will be there. Much love to you Erin~ Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!