Martin Family Picnic

Yesterday we met the rest of the Martin family at the Caledonia State Park. We got there in time for lunch and stayed until after supper. We hadn't seen some of the family for several months so it was fun to see how the babies had grown and catch up with everyone.



The food was fabulous and people had a wonderful time playing volleyball and throwing horse shoes, but I didn't take pictures of that. Somehow I end up with pictures of the babies and little ones, but I don't think you can blame me!





I was pretty amused when I found out Keith's mother had rented a soft ice cream machine and his brother brought a generator so that we could have soft ice cream right at our pavilion! I still am not convinced that the noise and fuel smell was worth it, but I think I'm the odd (wo)man out there! Logan obviously disagreed!



Ok, I didn't only take baby pictures. I never pass up a chance to snap a picture of this handsome man! Our children are going to have hundreds of pictures of him and only a handful of me from their growing up years.



On the way home Freeland commented that we should get together more often and invite the different families to our house more frequently. That is exactly what I want to hear from the children after a day spent with family!

1 comment

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful get together!! As always the pictures are stunning and I agree it is hard not to snap away at the babies!!
    I hope you are feeling a little better!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!