Photog Retreat

I was a little nervous heading out last Wednesday to attend a photographers retreat. I had met a few of the ladies in person, but most I only knew online. Twenty-two ladies in a house for several days sounds like it has the potential to be a little overwhelming.



It was one of the most fun things I have ever done in my life! 




The location was gorgeous and relaxing. We were in a house right on the beach in St. Augustine, FL. To stroll along the water's edge, letting the waves lap at my feet, snapping pictures with other snap-happy friends, discussing reflections, aperture values and the use of horizon lines to enhance photos was so, so much fun.







We went on a photo walk the first morning we were there. We had guides who took us to lovely locations to take photos and pointed out good techniques to use to capture various effects. It was slow moving enough that I could keep up without feeling pressured. I love the pictures I took on that walk!  I almost exclusively take pictures of people, so it was especially exciting for me to capture images I love of inanimate objects.





Another thing we did was model shoots. We had groups of individuals (families, friends, an engaged couple, etc.) come and we divided up into groups based on the focal length of the lens we were using Each photographer group got the chance to pose the group and take photos. It was challenging to work in unfamiliar locations and a very limited amount of time. I was almost afraid to look at my pictures when I got home, but I was very pleased with some of the photos I captured.







This is truly an exception group of very talented ladies! I learned so much and had so much fun. A huge thanks to all who helped to plan this event. It was amazing. I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!