Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!



I can't let the day pass without a statement of gratitude. Everywhere I turn there are things that I am thankful for. It seems only fitting to pause today, before the festivities of the day begin, to acknowledge these things.

Today my heart is filled with gratitude when I think of...

The way God has worked and moved in my life over the past year. Even after 41 years he has not given up on working in my heart, softening and refining. His grace has been there and carried me continually.

Keith. I don't know that I need to say more. For 21 years now he has been at the top of my list of things I am thankful for. He just keeps on loving me, encouraging me, and listening to the many things I can't find words for.



My children. I have been a mom for 18 years. I loved those early years, the baby years, the toddler years of of exploration and explosion of learning. I loved watching them venture off to school, bright-eyed and eager. By oh my! How I love the tween and teenage years! I love the conversations and the plans. I love seeing them making their own decisions (some good, some not so great) and I love the relationships that I have with each of them. I love the way they are each so different. I love everything about this little tribe of mine and I am grateful beyond words to be their mom.



My parents and brothers and sisters. The older I get the more I cherish these relationships. Life is hard and feels lonely at times. They are always there.

I am also thankful for my J. He is my only remaining grandparent, and what a wonderful grandparent he is and has always been! And I'm thankful that I still miss my Nan-Naw every day. Love like that doesn't happen often.

I can't leave out my work with Superkids and the people I have met through that work. I think if you read this post you will understand. The work has changed as rules change, but the need has not changed.



And, because it is a big part of my life, I am thankful for my camera and the doors it has opened for me. I am thankful for the way I have learned to slow down and see the beautiful, tiny miracles that surround us all everyday through it's lens.

I could continue, but this post is getting too long. To all of my family and friends, I am thankful that each of you are part of my life.

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!