Phoenix Or {And} Bust

I did it. I went to Phoenix for a photography workshop. It was amazing. The ladies who planned it went above and beyond. It was fun and it was educational. I learned so much and I'm super excited to build on what I've learned.



We did a photo shoot with teen models in a salvage yard one afternoon. I had never done a shoot in a salvage yard, but I totally loved it. The colors and props and textures were so varied. I would love to do that again and intend to try to find one around here that will let photographers in.



We had a lesson on free lensing one morning. That is where you hold your lens in front of your camera rather than actually attaching it. It is difficult, but it gives you focus options that are so creative.



We also took a sunrise walk in the desert. It was so beautiful. But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.




Shooting photos of families, learning to know new people and strengthening relationships with ladies I had met before, seeing beauty in a totally different environment from what I am accustomed to... all of these things were part of the time there.




Unfortunately, a migraine was also part of my time there, that is where the bust part of the post title comes in. It started on Thursday, the day after I arrived and lasted until several days after I got home. It was the fly in my ointment for sure. I shot quite a few pictures through sunglasses, relying on my camera's light meter. Thankfully, I did get some lovely pictures that I'm very happy with.



At the end of my trip I even got to spend some time with my sweet Aunt Beverly. I had so much fun spending time with her. My Uncle David, whom I had not seen in probably 15 years came to her house and we all had dinner together. It was truly a perfect end to my trip. She even let me take her picture while I was there!



I can't wait for next year. I can't tell you how fun these workshops are. And how educational. I have never been part of anything like this before. It is like building family, community. It is what we all long for and I am very thankful to be part of this group.


No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!