Resurrection

It's been a long time since I posted. I've been busy. Life has been challenging. Isn't it always? But we have so many things changing and happening in our life that I want to resurrect the blog to document it all. And to have a place to process it in the way I process best- writing.



I have thought a lot about resurrection recently. It is that time of year. We just celebrated Easter. Every day the world around us is showing new life. And I want to tell you a little story about another resurrection taking place in my own heart.



Keith and I went to the Together Called marriage retreat for adoptive parents a little over a month ago. It was a refreshing time in many ways, but more than that, the weekend held one recurring theme for me: healing. As we opened up about my health issues people offered to pray for me then and there. One person even anointed me with frankincense she had in her purse. A sweet friend told me that God put on her heart to pray for me one night and she stayed up praying and claiming scriptural promises for me.




I went into the weekend in a great deal of pain. And I ended up handling it all well. I believe that God heard those prayers and touched a specific place in my back that was causing exceptionally high pain levels, but I also believe He used that weekend to resurrect hope in my heart.



I came home and made some calls about a treatment we had been looking into and occasionally talking about for a long time. And we decided to move forward.



Keith, Freeland, and I leave for Panama where I will be receiving stem cell therapy on Saturday. We plan to be gone for 1 week. I will be receiving, God willing and if everything goes according to plan, stem cell from cord blood or cord tissue from live, healthy births by IV and injections directly into my worst joints. Please pray that God uses this for healing!



I'm throwing some pictures from my recent trip to Taiwan in this post just because they are pretty and I am so grateful to be able to do what I do.



Y'all stay tuned. This is not the only big thing on the horizon for the Martin clan!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!