Poipu Beach {We Saw Seals!}

Yesterday we saw sea turtles. I was so thrilled to have seen them! When we were deciding which beach to visit today we read that people sometimes see Hawaiian Monk Seals on Poipu Beach. Obviously I was hoping we would see them. As we were walking down to the water there one was, gliding through the waves. Shortly after we saw a second one.



We saw them off and on as we waded and splashed and marveled at the gorgeous, clear, warm water. After a bit Eliana was the only one still in the water. The rest of us were soaking in the sun on the beach. And here came the smaller (I assume female) of the two seals. She waddled up on the shore directly in front of where we were sitting and immediately went to sleep.




It wasn't long before the larger seal (I assume male) decided to join her, but he didn't seem to be quite as ready to nap, much to her disgust. She told him exactly what she thought about him waking her up. And then told him exactly what she thought of him in general.





He seemed ready to fight back, but quickly reconsidered and decided he would nap later. 


It seemed like a good choice to me.


At least, I'm pretty sure that is what happened right in front of us. I may have gotten 1 or 2 details incorrect, but I know it is very close to accurate.

Tonight we are going to a traditional Luau. Hopefully I'll share pictures from that event tomorrow. We skipped lunch in preparation for the feast after reading about what to expect.

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!