Methinks I'm Going to do a Bit of Advocating...

And I'm absurdly excited about it!  So far I've had 100% success.  Remember "Xin Xin"?  She has been matched with a family!!

So, when I was communicating with our caseworker at Gladney about advocating for "Xin Xin" I asked her if they ever need volunteers to be involved with Superkids Charity.  She replied that they generally send therapists and doctors to orphanages to provide their services for the children there.  But she did say that she would mention it to the founder of Superkids.  So I figured that that was that, and that if I wanted to be involved in advocacy it wouldn't be through Superkids.

Long story short, Pat Marcus recently contacted me about taking a more active role in Superkids.  I'm not sure what all it will involve but I can't wait to find out!  So stay tuned for further updates!

By the way, Pat is making final preparations for another trip to Shanghai and Jiangxi province.  She is trying raise $3,000 and she has a little over $1,000 raised so far.  If you feel led to contribute, please follow these steps.

1) Go here.
2) Click on the "View Challenge" button beside Superkids.
3) On the left hand side of the window, select "Find a Participant".
4) Enter her name "Patricia Marcus" and click "Search".
5) Click on her name (highlighted in blue).

Best wishes for a successful trip, Pat!!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!