Saturday Evening Musings...

Today was the day to make my annual trek in search of the perfect Christmas dress fabric.  There is only one requirement (besides that I have to love it:) it has to have snowflakes on it. Each year since Annika has been home (This is the first year that I have two Christmas dresses to make!)  I have made this trek.  Most years I am joined by my friend, Janelle.  So I sent her an impromptu text this morning and off we went to Lancaster County to where all the little quilt fabric shops are!  And... success was ours again this year.  I am so thankful for these sweet traditions!

Keith kept everyone except Eliana.  I rarely only have one little person that I am responsible for and it was so fun to spend time with her like this!  I love to tell her that she is a good girl and hear her unfailing response, "Me?!"  it warms my heart every time.

When I got home everyone was hard at work!

Casper raking leaves...

  Keith cutting up a tree that had fallen...

Freeland mowing...

I failed to get a picture of Douglas working, but here is a picture of his bedroom as seen from outside I figure it works as evidence that he does work sometimes :)...

And here are the girls sitting at their little table coloring.  I found the table at a children's consignment shop yesterday and they have put it to good use already!


We had chili for supper, it was the first time we tried this recipe and it is definitely a keeper!  It had been simmering in the crockpot all day while I was shopping.  When supper was over and all of the little people bathed we sat in the living room together reading, blogging, playing... And I looked around at this family that God has blessed me with and my heart was full to over flowing with gratitude.  It was such an ordinary day.  Such a miraculous, ordinary day!

3 comments

  1. Sounds like a great day! Can't wait to see your cutie girls in their new dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Adoption Blog Hop.

    Those ordinary, miraculous days are the best kind, aren't they? I pray my eyes can be opened to them each time they unfold around me.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to provide godly, happy homes for our children! Thanks for sharing this, Erin.
    ~Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!