Just My Baby & Me

As we have continued taking each of the children for their special night out I was watching to see when Eliana would figure it out.  The other morning she climbed into bed beside me for our early morning snuggle and the first thing she said was, "When my turn shopping?"  Then, "Xing Yao will boo hoo wa wa!"  (I suppose she meant she would cry if she didn't get a turn and yes, she still uses her Chinese name sometimes:)

All ready to go!
But Xing Yao does not need to "boo hoo wa wa!" because tonight is her night.  She and I are headed out for supper and shopping.  I asked her where she wants to go for supper and she replied, "Yogurt!" so that didn't help a whole lot!  She is so excited.  And so am I.

Last year at this time we were waiting for the final approval so that we could leave for China.  We were so excited and anxious about meeting our sweet girl.  Here is a post I wrote a year ago today. And now here we are.  A year later.  Going shopping, getting ready for Christmas, getting ready for guests, and woven into and around the ordinary is the wonder of it all.  Our sweet girl is home, she is ours.  She has become an integral part of our everyday life.



So tonight we are off to enjoy yet another ordinary miracle.  Just my baby and me.

2 comments

  1. She is absolutely beautiful! I hope y'all had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her mama takes such good pictures! My baby is either too fast or mama is too slow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!