Set...

Well, the bags are packed. I got it down to one large suitcase and this wonderful bag. Deep within the recesses of my big, black suitcase I have 20 bottles for babies with cleft palates, a photo printer and paper and ink to print 200 photos, small packages for several children whose families are waiting to bring them home, all of my clothes, chocolate covered coffee beans, and other necessities for 10 days abroad, and these...





A couple of weeks ago I got the idea that it would be fun to take hair pretties for the girls we will be meeting. I knew the boys needed something too, so we settled on mirrors, and I mentioned it to various friends that I was collecting hair bows and mirrors to take with me. Recently the packages started arriving and we have had the fun of seeing all of the variety!




This little mirror is a very special gift from a little girl named Grace, who was adopted from China herself. This is her mirror and she decided to send it for the children in China who don't have mommies and daddies. Grace is 3, so a special thank you to a special girl.  Another friend's daughter made headbands to send. I feel so privileged to be the one to take these precious gifts with me


My flight departs from Newark, NJ tomorrow morning at 10:40.  I think I'm READY!!  I've checked and double checked that my passport is in my bag, that my camera battery is charged, and that I have the bag of medication I always take and never (yet, thankfully) use. So all that remains is to try to sleep tonight (though with a 15 hour flight ahead of me maybe it would be just as well not to...) and to get up in the morning and go.

4 comments

  1. Excited for you, friend. Will be praying that God would open up all kinds of doors for you to be Jesus in dark places. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly you're likely already on your way. Enjoy the path. And I'll be faithfully pushing the refresh button!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! I had totally forgotten what this trip was about! Love all the pretties! You are going to make some little princesses very happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!