A Few Highlights of 2015

It's a new year! I love looking back through the blog at the end of the year just to see what all I considered blog worthy throughout the last year.

Here are a few of the highlights from 2015:

The children and I spent most of last January in Texas. We did a lot of fun things while we were there, but the skate party for Freeland and Casper's birthdays and the fun day the children planned at school are some of my favorite memories from our stay there.

In March Keith and I attended the Together Called Retreat for adoptive parents. We had such a wonderful time there together!

In April I went to China and Keith and the children went to Florida. We still laugh about their less than thrilling trip!

In June I completed my first 365 photography project and started on a second year. I learned so much by taking the time to get my camera out {almost} every single day!

In July I started my photography business. I had a goal of doing two sessions per month. So far I have far exceeded that goal.

Also in July Keith went on tour with the Oasis Chorale. At the last minute Eliana and I decided to accompany him. We began and ended the tour in Indiana and spent most of the time in southern Ontario.

In September we began attending a Classical Conversations homeschool community once a week. It has been a good fit for us and we are glad we took this step!

I went to China in September and this trip we also went to Taiwan. I got to experience a typhoon in Taiwan. It meant we didn't get to see as many children, but it sure makes a great story!

The children sang in a homeschool choir this year. Their Christmas program was a big deal for all of us!

Douglas got his driver's license in December and we are all still figuring out what all that means. I do know he went grocery shopping the other day and only missed one item on the list, so that may mean great things for me!

My brother, Levi, was here for Christmas. It had been about six years since he had visited us so it was a super duper special Christmas!

And that brings us to now. 2015 was pretty eventful and I fully expect 2016 to be just as full of excitement and blessings!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!